HOW TO GET HELP DURING THE FESTIVAL
Governors Ball wants every fan to feel safe at the fest. We will not tolerate any harassment based on race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, disability, body size, appearance, age or national origin. If you feel like you’re being harassed, are the victim of nonconsensual touching, or otherwise feel unsafe, please report it to our Medical Staff at one of our Medical Tents located throughout the festival.
If you find yourself needing help while at GovBall, here are some places that can assist you:
- MEDICAL EMERGENCIES:
If you or a friend need emergency assistance at the festival, go to one of our three medical tents. Be honest with emergency personnel – they are here to help you, NOT get you in trouble.
- STAYING SOBER?
We’ll have on-site support for fans who are sober. Visit the Soberball area, centrally located at the festival.
- SEXUAL HARASSMENT
If you think you’ve been the victim of sexual violence or harassment, please go to a Medical Tent for help.Remember: NO MEANS NO. No matter the situation, it is never ok without consent.
COME PREPARED & LOOK OUT FOR EACH OTHER
Here are three easy ways to look out for yourself and those around you:
- Keep an eye out – if someone around you looks like they need help, check in with them. If someone is getting out of hand, alert the nearest staff member and become the hero of the festival. Keep track of all your belongings.
- Be considerate – this is a shared space and we want everyone to enjoy themselves. Keep the vibes chill and your hands to yourself.
- Hold on to your buddy – the Info Tent inside the festival located in the Center Pagoda on the main field is the designated meeting point for lost or separated people. If one of your friends is in trouble, please alert festival staff – they will assist you, no questions asked.
Here are some helpful tips on how to prepare for the fest:
- Have Emergency Contact Info on your person and your phone lock screen in case emergency personnel need to know (PRO-TIP: Make sure to register your wristband where you will be asked to fill out an Emergency Contact).
- Remember to stay hydrated (visit our Water Stations for free, cool, filtered water) and eat regularly at the various food vendors we have at the festival.
- Protect yourself from the sun – take breaks and find some shade. Sunscreen lotion, hats, and sunglasses are key.
- Bring hearing protection – we get loud.
- Keep yourself and your belongings safe – be aware of your surroundings and keep an eye on your personal items at all times. If you find something OR lose something, head to an information tent for our Lost & Found. Keep your cell phone and wallet close – our security staff and the New York Police Department will be on the lookout for cell phone theft.
- Bring a list of allergies and medications you take in case of medical emergency.
- Dress for the weather – we’re constantly monitoring the weather. Keep an eye on the forecast before heading to Randall’s Island so you can dress accordingly. And be prepared for anything, the weather in NYC can be unpredictable!
For the safety of everyone entering the festival, all fans are subject to a full and complete airport-style search prior to entry. This may include a full body pat-down screening before entry. IF you would like to be screened by security personnel of your same gender, please let security personnel know prior to the search process. Screening of children will always take place with the consent of a parent or guardian.
Please review the Allowed & Prohibited items list for a stress-free entry process, and email email@example.com if you have any questions. Security will confiscate items if they are illegal, and will hold any items until the festival is over. If you’re bringing prescription medication, make sure the name on the label matches the name on your ID, and you have a signed note from your doctor.
All bags will be searched before entry. If you have to bring a bag, drawstring bags are ideal.
REMEMBER: You’re the eyes and ears of the festival. If you see something suspicious, say something.
IN CASE OF EVACUATION
We work hard to make sure your festival experience is exceptional, and that includes having a plan in case of emergency. In case of evacuation, check this page for updates, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram at @GovBallNYC, and make sure you have opted-in for push notifications from the Gov Ball Mobile App. We will send out info to keep you updated on the status of the festival, including any adjusted set times.