Festival Dates & Hours
Friday, June 10th – Sunday, June 12th 2022
11:45am – 10:00pm, each day
Access & Accessibility
Go to the Access Program information page to learn more about our Access Program for patrons with disabilities.
What to Bring
- Small CLEAR bags, no larger than 12”x 6”x 12,” / small clutch-type bag, no larger than 4.5″ x 6.5″
- Valid Driver’s License for will-call, entry and/or to drink alcohol
- Non-professional film and digital cameras
- Great vibes
- (2) Factory sealed bottles of water (non-glass containers) or better yet, bring an empty refillable bottle.
- Phone charging case or phone charger
- A super sweet outfit
- Comfortable shoes
- At least two good jokes
What NOT to Bring
- Weapons of ANY kind
- Illegal Substances
- Tobacco/smoking products of any kind (including e-cigs, vape, etc.)
- Outside Food – A personal sized food item is allowed for those with specific dietary restrictions, with a doctor’s note only.
- Large non-clear backpacks or suitcases. The only bags allowed into the festival are small CLEAR bags, no larger than 12”x 6”x 12” and small clutch-type bag, no larger than 4.5″ x 6.5″
- Large or hard sided coolers
- Picnic Baskets
- Skateboards or personal motorized vehicles
- Large Umbrellas (personal sized are okay)
- Hard back chairs / Lawn Furniture
- Totems made of wood, metal and/or PVC material will NOT be allowed (this includes flap poles and heavy sticks.) No totems taller than 6ft, and thicker than 1/2 inch. Must be made of light material.
- Glass containers of any kind
- Alcohol (alcohol will be sold at the Festival)
- Chains/Chain Wallets
- Nun chucks
- Selfie Sticks (they block sight lines. Also someone (somewhere) will judge you)
- Laser pointers
- Professional still camera equipment (no detachable lenses, no tripods, big zooms, or commercial use rigs)
- Audio/video recording equipment
- Drones or hover cameras
- Emotional baggage
- No illegal vending is permitted. No unauthorized/unlicensed vendors allowed.
- Anything really valuable!
Lost & Found
Random Bad Joke
So what if you don’t know what apocalypse means….it’s not the end of the world
Set times are here!
Cash & Credit Cards
This year, Gov Ball will be fully cashless to keep the lines moving quickly for food, beverages, merch and more. Credit cards, debit cards, or Gov Ball Cashless payment will be accepted throughout the festival grounds.
Gov Ball Cashless, right on your wristband, is the easiest way to purchase at the fest. Simply register for Gov Ball Cashless when you activate your wristband, create a secure pin, and purchase with a tap of your wristband. This will save everyone time and make life easy peasy lemon squeezy. Plus it’s the absolute most secure form of payment!
Cash exchange for a cashless card will be available at the fest for those who aren’t prepared with a cashless form of payment for a $4 fee. Trust us, registering for Gov Ball Cashless is way easier.
Food & Drinks
Delicious food & drink is a huge part of what Gov Ball is, and once again we have curated our 2022 food lineup to bring you some of the best eateries, food trucks, and chefs the city has to offer. See them all here!
As far as drinks go, a wide variety of beverages (including beer, wine, and non-alcoholic) will be served all over the festival grounds, and there will be enclosed Liquor Lounges in both the General and VIP areas, for those of you who prefer the sauce.
Free Water Stations
Free Water stations will be located throughout the grounds for you to use at your convenience and satiate your thirst. It is EXTREMELY important that you stay hydrated at the festival, regardless of how hot it is outside. And don’t forget what male model Derek Zoolander said: “Moisture is the essence of wetness, and wetness is the essence of beauty,” which essentially means water rules and you should drink a ton of it.
Cell Phones & Valuables
Please remember to always keep yourself and your belongings safe (i.e. cell phones, wallets, etc.). Be aware of your surroundings and keep an eye on your personal items at ALL times. If you find something OR lose something, email firstname.lastname@example.org or head to the Lost & Found tent.
Safety & Medical
There is nothing we care more about than your safety and well-being. As such, medical tents will be located throughout the festival grounds, and they will be clearly marked and able to be seen from afar. Trained EMTs will be on-hand in these tents to address any and all medical incidents, and please don’t be afraid to stop by a medical tent – even if you just have a question.
Additionally, if you see anyone at the festival who appears to be in need of medical assistance, please inform a member of our medical or security team, or even help him/her find their way to the medical tent(s). We are all in this together, so please look out for one another! Lastly, anyone bringing prescription medication or a syringe for medical purposes (including epi-pens) will need to show your medication, prescription label and a photo ID at the festival entrance.
Gov Ball 2022 is open to all ages.
Children 5 years old and younger are admitted free. Strollers are allowed. Children of the Corn are not welcome.
All ticket holders will be allowed to enter and exit the festival grounds once each day. As such, there is no re-entry each day of the festival.
- General information and questions about Gov Ball:
- Email email@example.com
- Inquiries regarding purchased tickets and wristbands:
- Questions regarding our Access Program at Gov Ball:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Become a Gov Ball Sponsor:
- Email email@example.com
- Become a Gov Ball Food Vendor:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submit an Artist to perform:
- We don’t accept artists submissions for the festival but thank you for your interest!
- Marketing & Media Partnerships:
- Email email@example.com
- Press & Editorial Inquiries:
- For any questions related to press/media at the festival, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. The application for press credentials to Governors Ball 2022 is now closed as of the May 15th, 2022 deadline. Applications received by the deadline will receive confirmation or denial by no later than May 27th, 2022.
Gov Ball and Front Gate Tickets staff is ready before, after, and during the festival to answer any of questions or concerns you might have. Please have patience – we receive a large number of emails each day and will answer questions in the order in which they are received.
Box Office Location & Hours
There is one main box office, located near the main entrance to the festival.
The box office will be open each day of the festival for will-call pick up and ticket purchases (if still available) from 11:00am until 9:00pm
Due to security measures, the only bags allowed into the festival are small CLEAR bags (no larger than 12″ x 6” x 12”) and small clutch-type bags (no larger than 4.5″ x 6.5″).
CamelBaks are allowed into the festival, but they must be empty upon entry, and they must allow for the “bladder” to be removed from the bag for a visual inspection by security. Any Camelbak that has a “bladder” that can’t be removed from the carrier and/or is opaque enough to prevent a visual inspection will not be allowed into the event.
Rain or Shine
The festival is a rain or shine event. In the event of rain, we advise ponchos, boots, umbrellas, and rubber duckies. In the event of sunshine, we advise sunglasses, sunscreen, water, and pink flamingos.
Getting To Gov Ball
Citi Field Complex
41 Seaver Way,
Queens, NY 11368
How To Get There
Citi Field is one of the most accessible places in the city, and the many ways of traveling to and from the festival are as follows:
- Subway: Take the 7 train to Mets/Willets Point. If you aren’t near a 7 train stop, put Citi Field in your Google Maps and click the train/bus icon
- Long Island Rail Road (LIRR): Take the LIRR to Mets-Willets Point (only a 15 minute ride from Penn Station). LIRR trains will go to the Mets–Willets Point station every 30 minutes until 1:00 AM.
- Bus: The Q48 bus goes right to Citi Field. If you aren’t near a Q48 bus stop, put Citi Field in your Google Maps and click the train/bus icon
- Walking/Biking: Walking or biking to Citi Field is very easy, and dedicated bike parking will be located near the main entrance.
- Cars: Extremely limited parking will be available during the Gov Ball festival at Citi Field. To purchase parking for festival days you must pay for the parking in advance here. There will be no option to pay for parking on site and you will be turned away.
- Drop-Off/Pick-Up: Drop-offs/pickups are ONLY on 126th Street between Shea Rd & Roosevelt Ave.
Travel & Lodging
Where To Stay
There are SO many options in and around the City, and we’ve partnered with Crewfare to secure you exclusive hotel rates at the best locations near Citi Field HERE.
Where to Fly/Train/Bus Into
Flying? There are three airports that service the NYC area: LGA, JFK, and EWR. EWR is located in New Jersey and is bit a further away so keep that in mind when booking.
Taking the Choo-Choo? You can take Amtrak or NJ transit into Penn Station, where you can hop on the LIRR to go right to the festival. You can also take Metro North into Grand Central Station, where you can hop on the 7 train to go right to the festival.
Rocking the Bus? You can take most major bus lines into Port Authority, and some smaller bus lines to other parts of the city. Just make sure your final destination is in the city and you’ll be good.
Before Buying Tickets
What Types of Tickets Are Available?
- 3-Day and 1-Day General Admission Tickets – Enjoy all three days of the festival and the entire lineup, or just one day and its corresponding lineup
- 3-Day and 1-Day VIP Ticket – All the access of a General Admission Ticket with added comfort and premium viewing
- 3-Day Platinum Ticket – All the access of a VIP ticket, plus exclusive viewing at the front of each stage, and access to a backstage, open-bar hospitality area, and more
- Cabanas – Secure, private, exclusive areas for large parties, plush with high end hospitality service and so much more. This is the most high end way to experience the festival and perfect for corporate groups and upscale guests.
Purchase your ticket and read additional details on our Tickets Page.
How Many Tickets Can I Buy? Is there a Limit?
Yes, there is an event ticket purchase limit of 6 tickets. This limit applies per person, per transaction, per credit card, per billing address, per email address, and other factors.
Any person or group that exceeds the ticket limit in any way is subject to and at risk of order cancellation and refunding at the discretion of Gov Ball and its partners at any time after initial purchase.
Is There a Layaway Plan for Tickets?
Layaway Plans are available for all ticket types. The layaway plan option can be selected during the transaction process. Please note that there is a minimum order total to be eligible for the plan. After the first installment, all subsequent installments will be charged automatically to the card given initially. Curious about your layaway plan payment schedule? Just check the bottom of your Front Gate email receipt for a refresher about your schedule and the amount that will be charged each date. This information is also available in your Front Gate account! For more information about the layaway plan, and existing orders on a payment plan, please contact our official ticket provider, Front Gate Tickets via support.frontgatetickets.com.
Do I Pay Full Price For My Child?
Children 5 years old and younger are admitted free. Strollers are allowed.
We now offer 100% Ticket Protection in the event that you cannot attend the festival for a valid, documented reason. The cost is a small percentage of the ticket price and can be added to your order during the purchase process. For additional information on ticket protection, please refer to Front Gate Tickets page or call 888.512.SHOW.
Craigslist, StubHub & Scalping
Every year, some of our fans think that buying a wristband via Craigslist, StubHub, or any broker site will save them some cash and allow them to access the festival. Unfortunately, many of these are either already used or are counterfeits. Once a wristband has changed hands from its original owner, there is nothing we can do to remedy any issues.
If you want 100% confidence, you must purchase your Tickets at www.govball.com/tickets every single time.
Often times, fans will try to sell their wristbands to others if they cannot attend a certain day. Unfortunately, the removing of a wristband automatically voids it. Our security team will ensure that every wristband has not been tampered with. If caught, you will be escorted away from the festival grounds.
Late Night Show Tickets
Gov Ball After Dark shows take place around NYC after the festival has concluded each night. Your Gov Ball Festival wristband does not grant you access to these shows. You will need to buy a ticket through the venue. More info on the 2022 After Dark shows coming soon!
The Governors Ball Music Festival is a rain or shine event.
You ticket is for The Governors Ball Music Festival, not for a specific artist. Artists and schedule subject to change without notice. Artist cancellation is not grounds for refund. The ticket is a revocable license for the time/date listed on the ticket.
“Management” means Founders Entertainment, LLC, and their affiliates. Management reserves the right without the refund of any portion of the ticket purchase price, to refuse admission or to eject any person who fails to comply with the rules of the venue, local, state or federal law or whose conduct is deemed illegal, disorderly, or offensive by Management. Persons entering the facility are subject to search for contraband. Ticket user bears all risks of personal injury incidental to the event, whether occurring before, during or after the event. Ticket user bears all risks, including cancellation of the event and of inclement weather. The resale or attempted resale of the ticket for a price higher than that appearing on the ticket is prohibited and if discovered will result in the ticket being voided without refund. The ticket may not be used for advertising promotion (including contests and sweepstakes), or other trade purposes without the express written consent of Management. Ticket user consents to Management’s use of their image or likeness incidental to any video display, transmission, or recording of the event.
View the full legalese on our Legal & Privacy Page, as well as on our Terms & Conditions Page.
After Buying Tickets
Are Refunds Available?
Refunds will be available if Gov Ball 2022 is cancelled or rescheduled. Please note that tickets must be purchased through our authorized ticket vendor, Front Gate Tickets.
I Need To Update My Shipping Address
You may have moved recently or would like your order shipped to a different address. Our friends at Front Gate Tickets can now update your shipping address! Follow these easy instructions to begin the process.
Wristband Shipment Info
Wristbands will ship 2-4 weeks prior to the festival.
If you have not received your wristband(s) 72 hours prior the start of the festival, please contact our ticket provider, Front Gate Tickets, at support.frontgatetickets.com .
Do I Have To Activate My Wristband?
Uh, yeah! We strongly encourage you to activate your wristband for Gov Ball. Wristband activation ensures a smooth process when entering the festival each day and makes sure that your investment remains yours. Once you have activated your wristband, you will have the option to register for Gov Ball Cashless which adds quick and easy payments throughout the park.
Whether you choose to join the Gov Ball Cashless party or not, you will definitely want to activate your wristband. Equipped with RFID technology, each wristband will be personalized to YOU! But only after you activate your wristband!
Taking this simple action will secure your investment and make sure the unique ID associated with your wristband is tied to the right person. In the event you encounter any issues as you enter or exit the festival grounds, activated ticket-holders will receive quicker assistance.
Click here to activate your wristband.
How Do I Upgrade to a VIP or Platinum Ticket?
If you’d like to upgrade your Gov Ball tickets in advance, please contact our ticketing partner, Front Gate Tickets, for assistance at support.frontgatetickets.com, and have your original order number and information handy.
Questions About An Order Already Placed
If you’ve already purchased your 3-Day or 1-Day Ticket and need to change your shipping address, want to know the status of your order, look up your order history, or have a general question about your order, please contact our official ticket provider, Front Gate Tickets via http://support.frontgatetickets.com or call 888.512.SHOW.
Refunds and/or exchanges are not allowed after a ticket is purchased.
Partners, Media & Press
This Year’s Festival Partners
Please visit our Partners page for a complete list of Festival partners and sponsorship contact information.
Become an Official Partner of Gov Ball
Interested in being an official festival partner? Please contact email@example.com for more information.
Press & Photo Inquiries
For any questions related to press/media at the festival, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. The application for press credentials to Governors Ball 2022 is now closed as of the May 15th, 2022 deadline. Applications received by the deadline will receive confirmation or denial by no later than May 27th, 2022.
Marketing & Media Partnerships
For inquires about marketing and media partnerships, please email email@example.com.